[ale] More problems with Mandrake 8.2

John LaPierre jjlapierre at knology.net
Fri Apr 19 18:47:57 EDT 2002

Kevin -

Try this - I had the same problem once when installing on a network with a M$
Win 2K DHCP Server.

Install again. When you get to the network card config, do not choose DHCP.
Give a good static IP and netmask, or skip it and configure it later. Also,
just to rule out an X problem, be sure to boot into run level 3, not 5.

Hope it works...

John L