[ale] https problems

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Thu Apr 18 21:17:28 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I have been using a https server that I built for a while untill I ran into
a strange problem, it is suddenly as if the server no longer usnderstands
ssl. I get this error when I try to start it.

Syntax error on line 1517 of /www/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
/www/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

What gives. That is not mispelled and when I do `httpd -l` I see mod_ssl
listed. Uhg - This is making me nutty... It just stopped working

Thanks
Ken