[ale] need some help

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 17 23:22:44 EDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 07:42:51PM +0000 stephen turner <Artic_Knight at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ok iv been working on it for 2 days now and sadly to say im not sure
> where to look or what to do. ive been looking over the init config in
> .fluxbox and user/share/fluxbox i have them both identical but the one
> in .fluxbox when restarted will revert back to the origional settings
> and sadly just wont do what i want. im trying to get that bar to be
> 100 percent, accross the page and the border snap set to 1 how do i
> get it to stop reverting and do as i say? wheres the /whip/ command so
> i can beat this #$$## :) ?? thanks for any and all help :)

You'll probably need to kill fluxbox before you can edit your fluxboxrc.
Otherwise, when you exit fluxbox, you'll overwrite your fluxboxrc and
lose your edits.  That's what usually happens to me under Blackbox,
anyway.  I don't think they've changed that behavior under fluxbox.  I
seem to remember having to do that, or to change to another WM while I
changed my fluxboxrc, then came back to fluxbox.

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net