[ale] ALE - NW meeting April 18th

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Tue Apr 16 17:46:00 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 15:11, Geoffrey wrote:

> Sounds great to me.  I'm not real big on format anyway.  Kevin will be
> putting together the presentation for Thursday. Why don't you drop him
> some email, I'm sure he'd welcome the assistance.  I think folks need to
> know how it all started.
>
> Kevin's email: krum at smyrnacable.net

I'm planning to cover the following:

What is Linux?
Who created it? (very brief history of RMS & Linus)
What makes up a distribution?  (list major ones)
What is the GPL? (realistic pros/cons, clear up some FUD)
Who uses Linux?
What hardware runs Linux?
What do I need to install Linux on my PC?
What does Linux do well?
What does Linux not do well (yet)?
What's the Linux equivalent of...?

I would indeed welcome any suggestions.