[ale] memory, compiling and seg faults

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Apr 16 03:17:59 EDT 2002

I have a 900mhz running with a golden orb heat sink.  I have a temp probe
attached to the motherboard, and an external modified outdoor thermometer
wired to the outside of the slot A cartridge.  I also have a slot fan, a
card cooler, and two case fans.  In other words, I've created a small wind
tunnel in my box.  Both gauges indicate the cpu temp hovers around 39
degrees celcius during heavy processing and around 32 degrees celcius
idle...granted, the outdoor therm is a bit misleading at it's not attached
to the die itself.

Anyway, I'm thinking it is probably something else.  Panic temps for this
CPU is > 65 degrees celcius, which I'm well below.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

John