[ale] memory, compiling and seg faults

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Apr 16 07:10:00 EDT 2002

Start looking at the cpu fan and cooling setup. Large compiles, and
wxPython certainly qualifies, push the cpu to full use. If the cpu is on
the verge of overheating, things act flaky. It can also be a heat
problem with the memory as well. You may need a supplemental fan to move
more air around.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>