[ale] watching traffic

Cade Thacker linux at cade.org
Mon Apr 15 22:17:58 EDT 2002

Evening,
I just installed the LogView software that come with my Linksys router. It
is kinda neat seeing who is coming from where. But my question is that I
am seeing some strange incoming attempts (suprise, suprise), but the port
numbers do not seem familar. Does anyone know a good page that tells what
ports crackers are know to use or look for?

These have shown up just in the last 20 minutes.

the nslookups are out to the right.

209.73.225.68  :7104
216.249.24.120 :1720
64.236.16.136  :4008  (i3.cnn.net)
65.197.236.51  :1245
152.163.226.70 :1950 (wads-r06b.blue.aol.com)
209.249.123.231:1249 (a209-249-123-231.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)

Thanks!!

--cade

On Linux vs Windows
Remember, amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic!