[ale] MS Propaganda representative

Paul D. Manno paul at dblegl.atl.ga.us
Mon Apr 15 19:57:17 EDT 2002

Ok... I can't resist.  Perhaps we need to start a VLA (Vendor License
Agreement) for our "End User" computers.

It could be especially handy for those who have had the delightful
experience of a Microsoft "critical update" patch (re-)installing the
Outlook application without any request, permission and without the
required "critical" security patches...

The initial agreement would hold a vendor responsible for the installation
of any software on your computer you specifically did not request.  I also
wonder if that same VLA could extend to web applets and pop-ups/unders?

;-)

Smirking,

-- Paul

On 15 Apr 2002, Jeff Rose wrote:

> 	One of my favorite parts of the EULA is and I quote.  By agreeing to
> the license you agree "to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft
> from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney's fees, that
> arise or result from the use or distribution of the Licensed Product;"
<snip>