[ale] bizarre error

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Apr 15 15:53:32 EDT 2002

Good point.  Looking in fs.txt which came in the kernel source documentation
specifies two interesting values...inode-max and file-max.  They should be
located in /proc/sys/fs, but I only see file-max there right now.  Although
the doc says you should get errors regarding running out of filehandles, I'm
gonna compare the num of files on my system to that number.  I'll follow up
in a bit...

Thanks for the help.

John