[ale] MS Propaganda representative

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 15 10:20:47 EDT 2002

Hello all,
	Tomorrow a MS representative is scheduled to be a guest speaker in my
software engineering class at GSU.  He will be explaining the wonder
that will be .Net.  I have obtained a copy of .Net (has and will not be
installed).  Reading the EULA is quite scary and makes me more than a
little angry.  It basically says any code written with it may not be
freely redistributed and must be copyrighted with as much protection as
Visual Studio .Net.  Kind of the antithesis of GPL. It also prohibits
the programmer from developing software that directly competes with MS
Access.  These are issues I want to ask this representative about.  Can
anyone suggest others.
	I don't want to just go in guns ablazing.  There are many students who
don't know much about Open Source/Linux and I'd like them to understand
what they're getting into when they sign a contract with MS.  Thanks

Jeff