[ale] alias

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Apr 12 21:46:57 EDT 2002

Stephen Turner wrote:
> im running gentoo linux, where should i put my
> aliases? no one on gentoo list would reply :(

maybe they are trying to tell you to rtfm?

I'd guess the same place as most other versions of Linux  :-)  It will slightly depend on which shell you run as primary.

For bash users, System wide -> /etc/bashrc, Personal -> ~/.bashrc.

csh Personal -> ~/.cshrc
tcsh Personal -> ~/.tcshrc

ksh & other shells.... Personal -> ~/.profile, System wide -> /etc/profile.local

see the man page for your shell (bash/ksh/tcsh) for more details.

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith