[ale] Printing to a Windows share

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 11:52:13 EDT 2002

In the "I could probably figure this out myself, but
I got a 1040 with my name on it, and that's enough
stress for one week" department:

At the moment I have to Samba files over to my
NT (hack, spit) machine in order to print them
on my wife's Win98 (retch, hurl) machine's printer.
Of course, this sucks. Any pointers to some magic
piece of software that will let me print directly
to that printer from my Linux and BSD (sigh, purr)
boxen? Or maybe I ought to hook the printer to
a *nix box and let the M$ boxen print to it
instead?

I'd be happy with a recommendation and a
URL, if someone would be so kind.

TIA,

-- Joe
  Using open-source software: free.