[ale] Determining # of disks on Dell with PERCRaid

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 11 14:39:02 EDT 2002

Gene,

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 14:15, Gene Matthews wrote:
> I'm trying to gather some system spec info (remotely) on a Dell 2550
> server with Dell's PERCRaid controller.
>
> md: md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
> md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
> md: autorun ...
> md: ... autorun DONE.

	md is the Software RAID driver.  It has nothing to do with your setup,
and if it were me, I'd recompile the kernel without it.

	The two param MAX_MD_DEVS and MD_SB_DISKS are:

	MAX_MD_DEVS = max # of MD devices of some flavor (RAID 0, 1, 4, 5)
	MAX_SB_DISKS = max # of block devices that make up one MD device.

Danny