[ale] Q: Spiffy GUI 'diff' sought

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Wed Apr 10 17:01:14 EDT 2002

Ah, cvs and Lose.  We had a trauma here when a Lose interface (wincvs?)
somehow managed to rewrite some of the files in CVS to have MS-DOS CRLF
line terminators. The result was cvs suddenly losing access to some
directories 'cause it thought it should be talking to
:pserver:cshapiro at lala.numethods.com:/home/cvs<CR>  'stead of the real
location. Once we figured out the problem, a script applied through
find(1) fixed it. Beware of this when you're working from both Lose and
Linux. It had us flummoxed for several days.I did the Right Thing and
contributed this to the faq-o-matic at cvshome.org:
 http://ccvs.cvshome.org/fom//cache/20.html

-- CHS