[ale] Anyone Mandrake 8.2 ?

Prasanna Subash subash at skyline.external.hp.com
Wed Apr 10 14:01:20 EDT 2002

<rant mode  = 1>

Anyone tried MDK 8.2 yet ? I encountered some obvious bugs on the install in
my laptop. For one thing X configuration part of the installer did not work.
I had to manually install the RPMS and fix the links to get XFree4.2 to work.
Also the ethernet card list did not have xircom pcmcia card.

The good thing was that it had xine running mgegs and VCDs like a charm. It
did not have the DVD codecs however( as expected ). Gotta figure out how to
plug those in

</rant>
Prasanna Subash            | "The Avis WIZARD decides if you get to
                           | drive a car. Your head won't touch the
Linux, the choice          | pillow of a Sheraton unless their computer
of a GNU generation   -o)  | says it's okay." -- Arthur Miller
Kernel 2.4.8-26mdk     /\  |
on a i686             _\_v |