[ale] PPP Question

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 8 16:48:14 EDT 2002

Chris Fowler wrote:

> I know that pppd supports locks in regards to the tty.  Is there a way to
> support
> locks on the ip.  To keep two pppd sessions from trying to use the same ip?

Er, how could that even happen?

Anyway, I suppose you could put some code in your ppp-up script
that checked what IPs were currently configured on the machine.
But I don't see why this is necessary; you can just configure
your PPP sessions to use different IPs (eg via a.b.c.d:w.x.y.z
options).

Cheers,

-- Joe
   Using open-source software: free.