[ale] RPMS

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Mon Apr 8 07:56:53 EDT 2002

I think you're safe to use different RPMs with different distributions.
There have been problems with using newer rpms with older versions of the
rpm binary.  (rpm files were not backward compatible and try doing a
search online for the rpm binary in gz or old rpm format)
But RH 7.2 uses the more recent RPM binary.

Go ahead and try it.  You can always do an rpm -ev.

'Business Intelligence' is not an Oxymoron - http://www.intelliforge.com