[ale] 2 version of python loaded?

Cade Thacker linux at cade.org
Sun Apr 7 23:40:13 EDT 2002

Hi Ho Kermit the Frog here, anyway,

I am trying to install a program called solfege(anybody else used it? it
is a music program solfege.sourceforge.net). Solfege is saying I need
python2.1 on my machine. I know ZERO about pythong except it is an OO type
scripting language, but I noticed that in my /usr/bin there was two
pythons, python1.5 and python2.1 and /usr/bin/python is a hard link to
python1.5.

Ok so the obvious answer is to re-link python to python2.1, but that
"seems" to break some libraries namly the new /usr/bin/python can not find
gtk.py which in in /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/gtk.py.

Anybody got a suggestion? Should I just relink /usr/bin/python and relink
/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages to /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages.
Smells like a hack.

Thanks guys and gals.

--cade

On Linux vs Windows
Remember, amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic!