[ale] [Fwd: rpm & cpio]

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Sun Apr 7 18:37:02 EDT 2002

On 7 Apr 2002, Jim Philips wrote:

> I downloaded this package several times and always got the same result.
> Since this was from ftp.kde.org, I don't know where else to go.

<http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/kaboom/tmp/kdemultimedia-arts-3.0.0-1.i386.rpm>

It's a copy I got from ftp.kde.org, and it's worked just fine for several RH
7.2 boxes that I've upgraded.

You can also get the RPMs for Red Hat from the RH Raw Hide tree.  They're
the exact same packages....

> I don't think they are much motivated to do a good job on ReHat packages,
> because RedHat hasn't been so friendly to the KDE effort.

Huh?  Red Hat makes the Red Hat KDE packages.  I'm not sure how much
friendlier they can be....

> Packages for other distros have already been upated several times since
> the 3.0 release.

Other distros have had to, because they, for example, forgot to package
needed libraries the first time....

later,
chris