[ale] burning mp3s: how?

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Sun Apr 7 09:07:20 EDT 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, David S. Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've burned audio and data CDs before, but how do you burn MP3
> CDs?  Do you burn them as ISOs?  Do you burn as an audio CD but
> use MP3s instead of AIFFs or WAVs?

No.  MP3 CD's, as would be used by an MP3-enabled CD player, are ISO-9660
based data CD's.  This is because they are assuming that your
(Windows/Mac based) CD burning software won't let you burn anything but
.wav files to an audio CD.

<SMARTASS>
> How you doo dat?

Now, DAT is another matter--they've been effectively killed by the RIAA
years ago.... Though presumably you could record Greenday's album
"Dookie" to one and you would have a Doo DAT....  :D
</SMARTASS>

glasher at nycap.rr.com
You've been programmed by the Illuminati not to see the word "".