[ale] RE: sorry so blond

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Apr 5 09:14:47 EST 2002

You can do what I did.  Rewrite most of everything
used.  That way you *know* what it is doing.

I'll give you an example.  I removed sysVinit 2.58 and
replaced it with mine.  I do not support run levels.  I
do not need them.  I found a bug in a tty driver becuase my
init would fire off jobs extremely fast. The tty driver could
not handle the all the open()'s at nearly the same time.  I
had to place a minor nanosleep in the fire() function.

I hate PAM.  I can not stand miss typing my password and having to
wait almost 2 seconds to get another login because PAM is
cleaning itself up.

Chris