[ale] basic php/mysql cms?

Ian Kennedy ikennedy at woa.com
Thu Apr 4 17:36:40 EST 2002

Tyler,

That would be awesome and much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Ian

>>> Tyler Kiley <tyler at kianta.com> 04/04/02 04:58PM >>>
Seems like it would be fairly easy to write your own, if you don't need
something terribly complex.

My sister and I run a small business (www.kianta.com) creating websites in
php and mysql, and a custom cms is part of the package we offer (the
non-technical clients love it :P).

I don't have anything that's guaranteed to work right out-of-the-box.... but
if you're interested in hacking around a bit, I'd be glad to mail you a
tarball of some stuff that might be helpful.....

Tyler

Ian Kennedy:
> I've been looking for a lightweight content management system that uses php
> and mysql.
>
> By lightweight, I mean that my major requirements are to allow my customers
> to add and modify short text-based documents such as press-releases - The
> most formatting they would need would be bold, italic, and *maybe*
> unordered lists. Also, I will need it to plug these press-releases, etc.,
> into an already designed page.
>
> Everything that I have been looking at seems more geared towards portals
> and blogging (postNuke, et al.).
>
> Can anyone recommend a nice open-source solution?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ian Kennedy

sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.3315.2870" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1>Tyler,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>That would be awesome and much appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Thanks so much,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Ian</FONT><BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Tyler Kiley
&lt;tyler at kianta.com&gt; 04/04/02 04:58PM &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>Seems like it would be
fairly easy to write your own, if you don't need <BR>something terribly
complex.<BR><BR>My sister and I run a small business (www.kianta.com) creating
websites in <BR>php and mysql, and a custom cms is part of the package we offer
(the <BR>non-technical clients love it :P).<BR><BR>I don't have anything that's
guaranteed to work right out-of-the-box.... but <BR>if you're interested in
hacking around a bit, I'd be glad to mail you a <BR>tarball of some stuff that
might be helpful.....<BR><BR>Tyler<BR><BR>Ian Kennedy:<BR>&gt; I've been looking
for a lightweight content management system that uses php<BR>&gt; and
mysql.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; By lightweight, I mean that my major requirements are to
allow my customers<BR>&gt; to add and modify short text-based documents such as
press-releases - The<BR>&gt; most formatting they would need would be bold,
italic, and *maybe*<BR>&gt; unordered lists. Also, I will need it to plug these
press-releases, etc.,<BR>&gt; into an already designed page.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
Everything that I have been looking at seems more geared towards portals<BR>&gt;
and blogging (postNuke, et al.).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Can anyone recommend a nice
open-source solution?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thanks in advance,<BR>&gt; Ian
Kennedy<BR><BR>---<BR>This message has been sent through the ALE general
discussion list.<BR>See <A
href="http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</A>
for more info. Problems should be <BR>sent to listmaster at ale dot
org.<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>