[ale] linux's flavor of remote validation?

Mark Hurley debian4tux at telocity.com
Wed Apr 3 23:05:29 EST 2002

Have a network...computers all tethered together.  A samba box
operating as a PDC to the windows machines.  Everything is lovely,
right? wrong...

I just added a second linux box.  BUT....I want to log on and off
authenticating from the main "linux" (PDC) box.  In fact...I want to
"share" or in fact use my original home directory on the first (main)
linux box.

1) nfs ???
2) LDAP
3) ???

Pros/Cons? Seems like no matter where I go on google....I can easily
find out how to hook up more window's machines.  But what about linux
to linux? I want to log on either box and have my /home and be
validated with that one linux box.

Any suggestions, links...are greatly appreciated.  I am running Debian
and Debian....no animals were hurt in the connection of all those
windows samba logins. ;)

<some_humor>
BTW....if you see Ken (on the list, meeting or kenzoid.com)...pat him
on the back....he took $20 off of me in a bet I threw down, by putting
down copious quantities of the hottest darn sauce today (at the new
Hooters).  Find out more about the sauce at hothothot.com
(no, not porn)  ;)
</some_humor>

Mark Hurley