[ale] Unisys and Microsoft's way out

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Thu Apr 4 11:06:03 EST 2002

Well what do you know.  They appear to have the site back up now. Alas,
it offers no way to get back in to grab the white papers without
re-giving your info. Pretty lame, I hafta say. If someone else wants to
sign up and grab the "Data Center Simplification and Consolidation", "An
Introduction to Server Consolidation" and "Gorillas Play Leapfrog"
papers, please shuffle them my way.  I suppose I could lie, but I hate
to think of that poor Unisys salesman at his tiny table space deep in
some Corporate monument, loyally dialing busy signals and open-source
zealots.

I saw the "wehavethewayin.com" site. Bravo for them. Hype is fun.

BTW the latest issue of "Reason" magazine has an article on DRM by Mike
Godwin, famed k00l EFF d00d. http://eff.org should get your money
(unprovoked plug).