[ale] gcc

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Apr 2 22:01:52 EST 2002

Optimization has more to do with coding style.  gcc with the -O<level> will
provide some level of optimizations.  Maybe someone on this list could
point to a good document or book that provides excellent info
on good coding practices in C.  I know many of the books
I have skip this important information.  Basically you need
to use fewere CPU cyles as ell as other resources.
Hopefully you'll never have to use inline assembly in
you C code.  I have not needed it.  Ususally it is needed
with mathamatical programs.  I'm having a hard enough
time with multiplication.  Stay away from multiplication and
division in your programs.  Those operations can use too
many cycles.

Chris