[ale] gcc

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 20:52:39 EST 2002

well im a noob to compilers especially linux so please
forgive my ignorance.  how optimized can gcc optimize
code? i almost started to learn about assembly but
just read up a bit on it, from what i understand
assembly is the machine code, it is specific to only
an athelon  or only a k6 etc, (unless they share the
same code?) asembly is the instruction set the
processor speaks right? ahh well i just wanted to
know, i want to get my code as optimized as possible
and also wanted to experiment with it. please input :)