[ale] new look at freshmeat.net

Paul D. Manno paul at dblegl.atl.ga.us
Mon Apr 1 10:41:00 EST 2002

On 1 Apr 2002, Jim Philips wrote:

> If you haven't visited Freshmeat today, check it out. They ahve a new
> look and they have adopted some new technologies. Check it out in the
> introductory post for today!

Check out http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/432/

Hmmm.  Yes, and they've dropped (the outdated) PHP in favor of (the more
modern) C# and I quote from the full article:

"Some of the changes will effect you directly. For example, we've been
using our own home-brewed system for managing logins. After the migration,
we'll be adopting a Web standard called "Passport". As this standard is
adopted by sites all over the Web, you'll be able use the same system to
log in at freshmeat and everywhere else!"

Be sure to read through the comments.  ;-)

-- Paul