[ale] HOWTO->hookup a videocam to.....

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 19 19:36:48 EDT 2001

> Unless your Palmcorder has a computer interface (check your manual),
> then you will need a video capture card.
>
> You should also check out the video4linux(2) web pages.

If you're going into video capture, think about the Iomega BUZ. It's fairly
well supported under Linux, does full hardware capture/compression/playback,
comes with a onboard SCSI adapter (also Linux supported: advansys), and can
be picked up on Ebay for a song (and about $50 or so).

I have one and I use it as my TV interface. I'm still working on the capture
part because there's an incompatibility with the ALSA drivers. But it's on my
list of things to do so that I can do my poor guy's TIVO.

BAJ