OT: list issues (was Re: [ale] ALE Installfest)

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 19 13:20:03 EDT 2001

Vernard Martin wrote:

> (I'm posing this info as the primary contact for this is having some
> difficulties with the mailing list rejecting his messages at the moment.
> He can still read the list, but not post. We are working to solve the
> problem. )

Recently, I spam-mangled my From: address, and was thereafter
unable to get any messages through to ale at ale.org or any of
the sourceforge lists I'm on. Is the ALE list configured to
only accept posts from subscribers?

(I've always been mystified by people who put mangled
addresses in their sigs, but leave their real address
in the message header. Surely the spam address harvesters
just read the headers, no?)

-- Joe
# "You know how many remote castles there are along the
#  gorges? You can't MOVE for remote castles!" - Lu Tze re. Uberwald
# Linux MM docs:
http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html