[ale] AIIGHH!! Anyone know howto restore my partition table?

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at innoverse.com
Tue Sep 18 16:42:22 EDT 2001

Thanx for the quick response.
Luckily - I remember that I had piped the output of an "sfdisk -l" call to a
text file a while back and was able to recover it. I have now recreated my
partition table by hand. Next, I have another computer with the same RedHat
6.2 install and have made a diskimage of the boot partition. This machine,
however, has an updated kernel (which is required to access my ATA/100 hdg
drive) so I've got to run a "make install" on my kernel source to put the new
kernel into boot and then re-run lilo and pray. Right now I'm waiting for my
"dd if=/dev/hdc7 of=/dev/hdg3" to finish backing up my / tree data before I
finish the kernel replacement. FWIW - I'm amazed that I've gotten this far
without crashing and will truly be impressed if I can boot back into my
system once this is done. Any other OS surely would have cracked up as soon
as I overwrote the drive. Running dd on an 8GB partition takes a long time,
however...

	best regards,

		Ben Scherrey