[ale] IMAP server advice?

djinn at djinnspace.com djinn at djinnspace.com
Sun Sep 16 11:43:14 EDT 2001

I need to install an IMAP server to handle approx. 30 domains and
15,000+ users.  I've got the hardware and I've installed Exim as my MTA
because I love Exim.

I've been investigating IMAP products and so far only 3 [free ones] for
Linux have come onto my radar:  UW, which doesn't look like will scale
or be easily administrated for my purposes, so I've sort of ignored
it...Cyrus which is definitely a possibility, and a new(ish) one called
Courier.

So far, I like the looks of Courier a lot...and it has been recommended
by someone I trust but he hasn't run it in production.

So anyone out there in Ale land have any real world experience with
either Cyrus or Courier on linux?   Are there other IMAP servers I'm
overlooking?  How is Cyrus for ease of administration, esp. with
multiple domains?  Anybody know about Courier and its MTA?

TIA
jenn