[ale] its a long story

Richard Holt rholt at telcel.net.ve
Fri Sep 14 14:02:12 EDT 2001

I had a similar problem on Dell Latitude, 6 GB while trying to resize
my windows partition. Removed but not removed.
Got similar catch-22 type messages.

You'll have to get it to boot in linux. SuSE 72 CD has a rescue mode
that gets to a linux console. Check the RH62 manuals.

Then use linux fdisk because dos fdisk is unable to remove the partition.
Then, as you said, fdisk /mbr from dos.

Then start over with fips20 to resize the windows partition if you're feeling adventursome.

At least I didn't have to reformat.
Hope this helps before you do format c:.

regards,
Richard.