[ale] Next meeting space?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Sep 6 09:22:56 EDT 2001

Previously, Christopher Bergeron typed into the ether:
> Does anyone know where the next meeting will be held? or when?

Emory University School of Law Buliding
(North East corner of the intersection of
 North Decatur Road and Clifton Road.)

I believe we are still set for the usual 2nd Thursday, September 13th.

Map and directions at the ALE web site have not been updated as yet,
though the next meeting Presentation and Topic details there are
accurate; I'm on the hot seat this month so I know.

I also live around the corner from Emory, so I checked out the
facilities courtesy of our kind host and rep there, Harold Bieber.
Though the amphitheater style classroom chairs aren't as soft as at the
Depot, the setup is really very nice! There is also a *possiblity* that
the doors can be openned early to allow for a "social hour" from 6:30
to 7:30, then hold the meeting at the usual 7:30 to 9:00 (note that the
social hour plan isn't "officially approved" as yet).

There is a parking deck immediately to the East of the building that
is supposedly open to outside use in the evenings, so parking should
be quite convenient, but I think Harold needs to confirm the official
permissions on that.

The only small downside to this location is that freeway access is not
great, and the Emory campus about 10 minutes from the Interstates via
any route (again, this is my neighborhood, so I know these details):

-- I-20 up Moreland, through Little Five Points and accross Ponce De
Leon (where Moreland changes its name to Briarcliff), then up to North
Decatur, turn right (East) and head to Clifton, which is the next light
past the main Emory entrance.

-- Or you can exit I-75/85 downtown onto the Carter Parkway East, stay
on that to where it ends into Ponce De Leon and turn right, then a few
lights later turn left onto Briarcliff/Moreland. From there it's up to
North Decatur, right turn and head East to Clifton, which is the 3rd
stop light (or the 4th 'traffic light' if you count the caution flasher
at Lullwater).

-- I-85 to the North Druid Hills exit South, turn right onto Briarcliff,
down to North Decatur and turn left, then through afew lights to
turn left at Clifton.

-- There is also the officially marked route to Emory; I-85 to the
Clairmont Rd. exit, South to North Decatur, and then West to Clifton
(3rd light after turning onto North Decatur Rd.).

Hope that helps until more formal maps and details can be posted.

peace
(after justice)
aaron