[ale] Network Buffer Underflow :)

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 5 13:36:53 EDT 2001

Not at all....

Full duplex is the operation of the switch (or two nics crossed over)  If you are in a hub there is NO way you can operate at fulldux.

Switches are the only devices that offer the abillity to attach a device fulldux.  Shared media (hubs) is one collission domain and halfdux.

If you have any of your devices on a hub and you have them locked to full duplex anything, you are creating collisions that do not need to be there and drastically decreasing performance.

-Patrick

Keith Hopkins <hne at inetnow.net> wrote:
>    I think you have your terms backwards.  You should set your server to
FULL duplex (not HALF).  FULL allows communication in both directions at
the same time.
   I can't think of any reason why you would want to set your client to
HALF either.

Lost in Taipei,
   Keith

http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/H/half_duplex.html