[ale] AT&T Roadrunner Cable

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Wed Sep 5 09:34:15 EDT 2001

Get them to replace the modem with a Motorola.  I had this problem for 4
months before they finally replaced the modem.  I finally had to start
screaming at the VP level and to my county commission before I got
someone's attention.  No real problems since.

At 08:08 AM 9/5/2001 -0500, Jason Lynn wrote:
>Well, I come back after the weekend and for some reason my connection is
>dead.  I am getting an IP from DHCP just fine, but I couldn't ping the
>gateway or anything else for that matter.  After chatting with AT&T, I
>found out that my modem transmit power is too low.  Has anyone else come
>across this problem???
>~
>I have a technician coming out on Friday.  This means I'll have to move my
>NIC from my Linux box to my Win box so I don't confuse the tech (or give
>him/her an excuse to walk out).  This is going to be an pain in the...
>neck... so if anyone out there knows where to find the "overdrive" switch
>for the shark-fin 3com cable modem, I'd appreciate it.  ;)
>~
>Jason

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net
http://www.intelis-inc.com
http://www.intelis-inc.net