[ale] Network Buffer Underflow :)

leonard triton at madchat.org
Tue Sep 4 18:47:32 EDT 2001

Watching movies on my client from the server, the HUB doesn't do
it's job smoothly (like it does on Windows, blaspheme! ;)

The HUB transfers data irregularly resulting in 2 seconds break
evry 3 seconds in the movie (just at the time when it starts to
read again). Is there a buffer size somewhere to smooth this ?

Looking on google/linux, I found many "buffer... overflows"
but no informations on an network buffer size for `internal'
transfers. (my HUB suXX, but was 20$ new...)

Thanks for any hints !

--

Alt: leonard at madloutre.org /\ GnuPG clef 1024D/9A3D4CA1