[ale] configuring a switch via a serial port

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 13:54:30 EDT 2001

I've used minicom before with a modem to test the
configuration, but I'm not sure how I would use it to
connect vi a straight-through serial cable.  There
would be no dialing in this sense, and I know of no
other way to initiate communciations other that using
the "Dialing Directory" in minicom.

Can you point me to any other information on how to
set this up?

Thanks for your help!

John