[ale] Programming Question - Where to Start

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Oct 24 10:50:36 EDT 2001

I'll nth the Python endorsement. Naturally, I've never developed with it. :)
But I have seen enough code snippets to know that it seems to have a good
consistent structure, and therefore slightly better in the way of teaching
general programming concepts than Perl. 'course, it could be argued that
Perl is considerably more fun. :)

Soon, though, it may not matter: the Parrot project is aiming to be a
"virtual machine" of sorts for the upcoming Perl 6, and interoperability
with Python modules (and possibly those of other scripted langs such as
Tcl/Tk) is a stated goal of Parrot. And yes, it's related to (though not the
same as) the O'Reilly April Fools' joke.