[ale] potato->woody, but now XF86Setup, etc....gone, huh ?

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Mon Oct 22 08:51:54 EDT 2001

Good Morning,

congrats on successful upgrade :)

in regards to XF86Setup in woody it never worked for me right.
try XF86config or was it xf86config..... it is pain in the
but gets the job done better.

also install aptitude. Its a cool util to search through available
packages. Install kernel-package and latest kernel source.

As for enabling ieee1394... you just upgraded to woody, but your
kernel is still the same that came with potato.

www.debianplanet.com has a nice quick howto for kernel-package
and how to build a custom kernel.

Tomas