[ale] stateful firewall?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Oct 17 08:50:55 EDT 2001

[...]

    John> Ok, final question.  Assuming NETFILTER is *not* ready for
    John> production, are there any open source stateful firewalls
    John> that are?

        The *BSD's ipf/ipnat stuff can keep state on connections (TCP
and UDP), and I'd bet the new OpenBSD pf can as well (but that's
relatively new and won't show up until the 3.0 release (due out
probably before the end of the year if the usual schedule is kept)).

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=