[ale] I need help here.

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Fri Oct 12 20:53:28 EDT 2001

Unfortunately I am not big on devices in Linux. This is why I use Redhat
7.1
So I finally have a cable
modem and am using a 3com Megaherts Lan + 56k modem card.  The modem works
well but when I try to start up the eth0 it doesnt work very well.
Adelphia (my cable network) uses dhcp and I think I have that configured.

Unfortunately I don't know enough to follow the steps and isolate the
problem (Is it the module not loading properly or a network configuration
problem)  Does anyone have a suggestion to a good HOW-TO.  Or at least
some hints on how to identify whether the problem is in the network card
or the network configuration.

Thankx

http://www.atlantageek.com
Get inside Atlanta's Tech scene