[ale] Mylex Raid controller

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 3 15:49:21 EDT 2001

Well, here in my 2.4.20-ac4 kernel I have a DAC960.o module for talking
to Mylex RAID controllers. I would bet that SuSE and RedHat have similar
modules too, but if this module would be available at install time I don't
know (kind of doubt it). If you have a fast connection you could download
the VA Linux 7.1.1 iso's from:

ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/software/RH-VALE/beta/7.1.1/os/iso/va-redhat-os-7.1.1-cd1.iso
ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/software/RH-VALE/beta/7.1.1/os/iso/va-redhat-os-7.1.1-cd2.iso
ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/software/RH-VALE/beta/7.1.1/extras/iso/va-redhat-extras-7.1.1.iso

The software engineers who formerly worked at VA spent a lot of time improving
RedHat-7.1 to produce this beta of their 7.1.1   One of the main things they did
was make sure you could install onto and reliably run on Mylex RAID controllers
since much of their hardware shipped with Mylex controllers by default. I would
after I got it installed however upgrade it to Alan's latest 2.4.10-ac4 kernel
as I know there is at least one or more unresolved problem with the VA 2.4.5-beta4va3.15
kernel that was never fixed prior to cutting this beta.

One other benifit is that the VA-7.1.1 release also included all of the errata/updates
plus solved problems that were found & reported within VA's QA department as of the time
of release. That means you won't have to download all the extra errata/updates that
RedHat has released since 7.1 came out. Just the ones since this beta was released
by VA.
Steven A. DuChene      linux-clusters at mindspring.com
                      sduchene at mindspring.com

        http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene/