[ale] Routing Questions

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Nov 30 23:14:47 EST 2001

So,  see if I understand this right.

Becasue I have chosen to use private IP's on each eand, those packets by
definition are not routeable.
If they were public then it should have worked?

I wanted to get basic routing doen then move to tunnel and encryption.  I
guess I'll  skip the test of pinging machines on both sides and begin
working directly on a tunnel.

Technically why can I not tell the kernel to send all pakets for 192.168.2.0
to skylab and tell sky lab the reverse to send back to Mir?  Is it a
technical limitation or the fact the IPs are private?

Thanks,
Chris Fowler