[ale] OMG politics goes digital?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Nov 30 16:17:59 EST 2001

I'm a big fan of having a finite number of laws at a given level of
government. If the policy wonks want a new law, they have to scrap
another one first.

Of course the policy wonks are convinced that they must continually add
more laws to justify the top 10% pay bracket they are in.

Lawyers serve a needed purpose. But some are doing to the legal system
in Washington what M$ does so users in software. "Now that you have this
little item, you are going to need to 'upgrade' to this bigger, more
expensive one. Unless you don't want it to work. OK?" Guranteeing
themselvs a job seems to be the main plan.