[ale] Linux and Sun

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at Ptek.com
Fri Nov 30 10:12:07 EST 2001

	From lifetime owner's cost, I'd go with intel-based Linux.
It will be hard and/or expensive to upgrade/replace your sparcstation
stuff.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, James Taylor wrote:

#According to the latest issue of Network Computing, Mandrake supports
#SPARC, and RH plans to at some point.
#-jt
#
#>>> "Jeb Barger" <jeb_barger at yahoo.com> 11/29/01 11:09PM >>>
#
#
#I am looking to move my webserver from IIS to Linux, and was thinking
#about sun sparcstation <sp?>, and I was wondering if it would run
#Linux?
#I thought this would be a cheap and efficient solution.  Does anybody
#have any other suggestions and will a sparcstation run linux?
#
#
#Thanks
#
#Jeb
#
#
#
#should be
#sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
#
#
#---
#This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
#sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
#

Jerry Z. Yu					+1-404-262-8544 (O)
Systems Engineer				z.yu at ptek.com