[ale] rh 6.2 > 7.2=No sound

John J. Cruz casacruz at bellatlantic.net
Wed Nov 28 22:07:51 EST 2001

All peripherals in my dual OS PC worked fine until ...  Installing rh
7.2 required re-installing printconf, modifying the PAM modules, and the
XF86Config file.  But the biggest and still unresolved problem is using
the TDK CDRW121032 drive.  I can not get sound when playing music CDs.
Implementing sndconfig and selecting soundblaster allows the CMI8330/C3D
sound chip on the motherboard to work.  It is not the audio cable from
the CDRW drive to the motherboard.  In win95/rh6.2 I can/could play
music CDs.

Question: If anyone has resolved this problem could you give me some
pointers?  Otherwise, please recommend a good HOWTO.

Thanks for your help.

jjc