[ale] Old topic - Easy answers hopefully - DSL power cycling

Russell Hogg russellh at x-soft.com
Wed Nov 28 18:20:12 EST 2001

There have been quite a few strands across this list about cycling the power
on DSL modems when the connections drop.  If I remember correctly the tool
of choice has been an X-10 module that pings something external every so
often and if unsuccessful cycles the modem.  Of course there is more to it
than this.  I'm sure you wouldn't want to cycle the modem continuously if
the problem wasn't related to it.  I'm rambling now.

Basically I'm curious if anyone has that App/Script handy.  And not only
that but GASP! Anybody know of anything similar for Windows?

I have been thru to Archives at ALE.org and not found anything in
particular.

Thanks

Russ

russellh at x-soft.com