[ale] Upgrading RH6.2->7.2

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Nov 28 17:36:52 EST 2001

I don't think I've ever used the 7.2 kernel package, but I did notice that
at least one of the kernels between 7.1 and 7.2 caused a system lockup
condition when trying to access the Zip drive (parallel w/SCSI emulation in
my case). Try unplugging the IDE cable, then proceed with 7.2, update the
kernel package (provided it's version 2.4.16 or greater!), replug the
connector, manually modprobe what you need and attempt a Zip mount.