[ale] Unusual permissions question

sangell at nan.net sangell at nan.net
Wed Nov 28 07:21:49 EST 2001

I am setting up a RH 7.2 box to use with F-Secure (a secure ftp program if
you have never heard of it) I have F-Secure installed and working
perfectly. I am also running samba and have mounted two shares from my NT
domain. What I need to accomplish is to set up users on the Linux box that
match users on my NT domain and assign them a home directory that already
exists on the NT shares that I have mounted. This way when they log in to
F-Secure to drop off files they will be doing so in the folder on the NT
machine. This will eliminate the need to constantly be moving files via
scripts, user intervention, ect. I have everything working up to the point
when I try to upload and it declares permission denied. Am I missing
something? Is what I am trying to accomplish even possible? I have matched
the users and passwords between linux and NT. I know that F-Secure is
working with any accounts created locally to the linux box.  It only gives
permission denied when I try to upload using an account that has the home
directory set to the NT share.

\_    Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA           _/
\_    MIS Operations Manager               _/
\_    TSYS Total Debt Management  _/
\_    Norcross, GA                                   _/
\_    Phone 770-409-5570                    _/
\_    Fax      770-416-1752                   _/