[ale] top selling points for linux...? [anti-flame]

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Nov 26 22:20:44 EST 2001

I really appreciate all the background I've gotten.  My company does legal
financial collections.  We are picky and don't just accept "any" client.  We
have high profit margins and target "big fish".  As such, showing them how
important the little details of my network are, I'm hoping they get the
point that the big issues are already taken care of (they are, we chose
linux!).  I'm a performance-monger and I want as streamlined and bulletproof
of a network as I can get.  I just want to "empower" the marketing people by
letting them in on my secret weapon - Linux.  With the alterior motive of
spreading the linux word to any potential clients; and how stable / superior
it is.  I've been called a zealot many times, but I can't think of any
people that favor Windows after they've [thoroughly] learned linux.  Most
give up after they determine that they can't get a "paper" cert (ala MCSE).
Windows has a place, sure, on the desktop now, but that's quickly changing.

I like having important things to believe in.

My country and my OS top my list at this point.  and I'm hoping my country
doesn't sell out to M$ with the latest settlement talks.
:)

</RANT>
CB